Sunrise SPC - Marshall Precious Metals Fund SP
The objective of the Fund is to achieve medium and long-term capital appreciation by opportunistically identifying gold and other precious metals mining companies on the global exchanges.
The Fund seeks to consistently generate returns through the following strategies:
- Seed funding for land packages, early-stage exploration projects, mine re-start projects and construction and development companies primarily through existing publicly listed companies or unlisted vehicles;
- Invest in both private and publicly listed companies through private placements and public market accumulations;
- Make investments primarily in the form of equity, but occasionally debt, convertible securities and other structures, including but not limited to joint ventures on properties;
- Potentially become a significant shareholder with potential board representation to represent the Fund's interests; and
- Pursue event-driven opportunities in the gold mining space.
The Fund will mainly invest in equities, options and warrants from equity placements.
Dr. Leung has 20 years’ global financial investment experience specializing in Metals and Mining alongside business management experience in the wealth and asset management sector.
He was previously the Head of the UHNW Platform APAC for Credit Suisse AG based in Singapore. He has also served as Co-Head of Natural Resources Asia (Hong Kong), Executive Director of Metals and Mining Investment Banking (New York) and Head of Investment Banking (Perth) for UBS AG. Dr. Leung was also part of UBS AG and Deutsche Bank AG’s Metals and Mining practice in Melbourne.
Dr. Leung holds a PhD in Actuarial Science, Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Melbourne and an MSc (Distinction) from the University of Oxford.
Mr. Zhai has over 15 years of global financial investment experience specializing in the natural resources sector.
Mr. Zhai received his Master of Petroleum Engineering (with a focus on reservoir engineering) from Texas A&M University and Bachelor of Arts from Yale University.